Website Venue Coalition
Position: Booking Assistant – Full Time/Salary
Office Hours: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Office Schedule: Remote/Hybrid (Negotiable)
Start Date: February 2023
Office Location: Camarillo, California – 50 miles North of Los Angeles
About Venue Coalition
Venue Coalition is a booking representative and advocacy group for more than 100 Sports & Entertainment Arenas throughout North America. Venue Coalition provides its Venue Members with a variety of services including event booking, talent buying, and the collection and distribution of vital industry information.
The Booking Assistant will support the Venue Coalition booking team in the research, coordination and booking of events. The individual in this role shall also be responsible for helping to answer phones, taking detailed notes, scheduling meetings, entering data into our booking management system, and coordinating industry events. Other responsibilities include providing detailed reports, building spreadsheets, creating talent offers, and distributing vital information to Venue Coalition members and the industry (agents, promoters, managers and producers).
- Assist booking team / department with the research and coordination of bookings
- Assist in collection of venue availability calendars, placement of holds, and coordination of routing for touring opportunities
- Organization, input, and management of data in our Booking Management Software
- Work with venue staff to collect, organize and distribute booking information
- Maintain spreadsheets, calendars, and information databases
- Build talent offers and budgets for events
- Prepare agendas for meetings and conference calls, recording minutes
- High-level administrative office support including screening of calls and coordinating travel and special functions
- Assistance with office management tasks (ordering supplies, etc.)
- Special projects as needed
- Assist President and VP as needed
- General office assistance including answering phones
- Previous experience either as an intern or employee in booking (required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including an exceptional telephone demeanor
- Excellent organizational skill and strong attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and ability to take initiative
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients
- Ability to multi-task while paying great attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently on projects and also as part of a larger team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point). Excel is a must.
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- 4-year degree
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to learn, grow, and build a career in the industries of live event booking and venue management.
Venue Coalition reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Venue Coalition may require an employee to perform duties outside the normal description.
Venue Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer